Sunday, 22 April 2012

WOD 23-4-2012

A) Back Squat
5 x 3 reps @85% 1RM

B) 7 min AMRAP - Kettlebell and burpee ladder
3 burpee
3 KB swing 24/16
6 burpee
6 KB swing
and so on until the 7 mins is complete

C) 2 x 50m backward sled pulls (heavy)
2 x 15 reps glute ham developer
Ab work of your choice.

Yesterday morning a young man who has recently finished our on ramp class roughly a month ago, came on to me at the end of his WOD. He had been training very hard and looked like he was on his way to meet our good old friend "PUKIE" How are you feeling? I asked him. "I'm great" he replied. Then he started talking with me about his previous training experiences. "I've played Rugby, I've boxed, Judo, Karate" amongst others. "Nothing compares to this, it's amazing, I'm totally addicted" he said Then he said something which caught me completely by suprise but made me want to scream out the biggest HELL YEAH the world has ever seen. "I'm going to compete in the CrossFit Games 2016" he said How great is it to hear the effect that CrossFit has on people and it furthers my belief of how amazing it is to be a part of the CrossFit community. Day after day we see people improve at our gym and I thrive on it, it's like a drug!! So keep going after it people, we are going to be with you every step of the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment